What is Tesco Potraviny domov
Potraviny domov is the exciting new service from the Tesco. This service allows you to choose from a wide range of products in the comfort of your own home, and have them delivered directly to your door at the time convenient for you.
We offer you the same low prices and promotions like in the store so that the major benefits of shopping in Tesco stores are available to everyone with access to the Internet.
Have you got a Clubcard? Earn points on-line with the Potraviny domov!
How are my selected goods packed and delivered to keep everything fresh?
There are a number of people involved in your shopping trip, all of whom are dedicated to making sure you receive great service and great quality.
- Our expertly trained shoppers always pick products which are the freshest and have the longest use by dates. They also carefully select the best goods as if you were shopping for yourself. They ask themselves the question "would I buy it?" and therefore don’t send out anything that is not of the highest quality.
- When packing your products our team are trained to separate food from non-food, chilled from frozen and they place heavy items on the bottom to avoid any squashing. Just like you would if you were shopping for yourself.
- We also store all products in climate controlled areas – including in our vans. This ensures that your shopping is delivered in top condition and arrives at the correct temperature.
Where do we deliver?
Our online shopping service is currently available in most areas of Bratislava, Nitra, Kosice, Trnava, Presov, Galanta, Sala, Malacky, Hlohovec and around these cities. To check whether we deliver in your area, go to our availability checker to find out where we deliver.
What can I buy through Tesco Potraviny domov?
What goods are available through the Potraviny domov?
You can choose from thousands of products, ranging from fresh foods, frozen products and drinks, as well as health & beauty products and home essentials.
Is there any limit on how much I can buy?
There is a maximum limit of 24 pieces or 24 kg of each product.
What does mean code on eggs?
Here you can find explanation of the codes used on eggs.
Do you charge different prices online to the prices in store?
The prices you will pay online are the same as in the store on the day of delivery. This includes promotions. For the initial period, multi-buy promotions (e.g. buy one get one free) are not highlighted on the website, but you’ll get the discount when your payment card is charged. The prices that are displayed on the website are the same prices you will see in our stores.
Information about Deposit Items
If you buy a product that requires a deposit (e.g. reusable bottles), you can return the deposit to the store to get the cost of the deposit returned.
Buy X get Y free promotions
When purchasing products on multiple discount, put all the items into your shopping cart. If you’re buying one product and getting the other one for free, put both items into the cart. The price of the free product will be deducted from the total purchase price upon delivery. You can check all the details on the receipt you get with your purchase.
Special Multibuy offer
For products in multibuy action which reduces the price, for example “2+1”, special logo “Add 3 pay for 2” will be placed next to the product. To get a discount add to your shopping trolley 3 the same units of product and on the day of delivery you will pay only for 2 products. Discount will be visible on a receipt during delivery. Multibuy promotions are valid till every Tuesday.
Will my purchase come in bags?
Information about Shopping Bag Price
Will my purchase come to me in bags? Before you confirm your order, you can choose whether you wish to have your online purchases delivered in shopping bags or with no bags. If you opt for delivery in bags, you will be charged a unit fee of 0,40 EUR per purchase, and this fee is the same irrespective of the number of bags in your purchase. If you opt for delivery without bags, your online purchase will come to you in our crates and you will have enough time to take your purchase. For hygienic reasons, items such as fresh meat, fish and cleaners will continue to be delivered packed at no charge. You can change your mind about whether you want your purchase delivered with or without bags until 11:00 PM on the day prior to delivery.
What is Guide Price
The prices of products shown on the website during creating your Shopping List are only approximate. At the time of delivery, the price of certain products may differ from the price quoted on the Potraviny domov website at the time of creating the Shopping List. This could be because:
- Your Personal Shopper may weigh products like fruits and vegetables or pick pre-packed weighed products like meat, poultry and cheese. This means the price will vary slightly in store from what is shown on the website.
- Sometimes the given goods are not available. When this happens we will always try to offer you an equivalent product. We will try to substitute it for something as similar to the original product you placed on your shopping list, and of a similar price.
- The prices of some products and promotional prices may vary between the moment you create your shopping list and when it is delivered.
If you receive a product that you don’t want to keep because it is priced differently from when you created your shopping list on the website, you don’t have to accept it. You can return any product to the Customer Delivery Assistant and your payment card will not be charged for the unwanted goods. For more information see Terms and Conditions.
How to shop
Do I need to register and why?
You don’t have to register if you’re just browsing our website, but if you want to order goods delivery with us you will need to register. It’s very important to register with us to make sure we deliver to your area. It also allows us to provide you with the right products and delivery information.
How do I find products?
There are several ways to find the products that you want to buy:
- Browse the aisles by clicking on the departments e.g. bakery. You can then filter down to a smaller category using the filters at the top of the page
- Search for products using the search box
- Use the “Rest of shelf” link to take you to similar products.
- Use your Favourites list - a handy tool which remembers everything you´ve previously added to your Shopping List.
- Use the Promotions list. This shows a list of products that are on promotion. You can filter this to a shorter list using the departments at the top of the page.
How do I add and amend products on my Shopping List?
You can add products anywhere on the website using the add button.
Depending on the type of product you can add it to your Shopping List by quantity or weight, and some products can be added by either.
- Add by quantity – press add to put one piece onto your shopping list, or you can add more than one piece at a time by using the box and pressing add
- Add by weight – press add to put 100g onto your shopping list, or amend the weight you would like in the box and press add
- Add by quantity or weight – select whether you would like to add by weight or quantity. If you’ve selected weight, the average weight of one of the product will be displayed in the box.
What do I do after putting products on my shopping list?
Once you have completed your shopping list and have all the items you want to purchase, you will need to select a delivery slot (if you haven’t already reserved one earlier during creating your shopping list), and then complete the three checkout steps of delivery order to select your payment details and confirm your shopping list.
Registration and My Account
How do I find out whether Tesco Potraviny domov delivers to my address?
To check whether we deliver to you, go to our ‘Where we deliver’ page and enter your postcode.
What personal details will I need to enter in order to register? Is it safe?
To register you will need to enter your:
- Email address and password
- Address where you want your goods from the shopping list delivered
- Address nickname (this is for your reference, e.g. “home”)
- Phone number
- Full name
- Clubcard number (this is optional – you can enter this information if you want to receive Clubcard points for your shopping)
Do I have to give payment card details to register?
No, you don’t have to give any payment details when you register. If you choose to pay online, we’ll ask you for your card details just before you confirm your shopping list (they will be encrypted and stored securely). Alternatively you can pay by payment card at your door at accepting the goods and you won’t have to provide us any payment card details.
What is My Account
My Account is the section on our website where you can check all the details that you have given us about your online shopping account. You can update your address and phone number using this section of the website. To update any other details please call Customer Services or the Helpline.
What should I do if I forget my password?
If you forget your password, you can reset it by using the ‘forgot your password’ link on the sign in page. Follow the link and enter your email address, and we will send you an email with a link to reset it. Then, simply enter a new password and confirm it to complete the reset.
When can I get my goods delivered?
There are delivery slots available in 2-hour delivery windows. These are available 7 days a week. Each delivery slot has a maximum capacity, so create your shopping list well in advance to guarantee the slot you want. You can create a shopping list up to 3 weeks in advance.
How do I choose the date of my delivery and the time slot?
Once you have logged in, click on the “Book a slot” button to see the availability of delivery slots. It is best to book your slot at the start of creating your shopping list, however please be aware that it will only be reserved for 2 hours once you have selected it. Alternatively you can book your slot just before you checkout once you have completed your shopping list.
What are the delivery instructions I give used for?
Any delivery instructions you enter can help to direct or guide the Customer Delivery Assistant to your house or flat. For example you can give the surname of the main resident, if their name is on the bell, or give directions if your address is tricky to find.
How much does delivery cost with Potraviny domov?
The service charge for any delivery slot is shown in the “Book a slot” section. You can check it before starting shopping by clicking “Book Time”/ “Book a Slot” button.
How can I pay for my shopping?
You can normally choose either to pay online or to pay by your payment card on delivery. In both cases you will not be charged for your goods until after delivery.
Unfortunately we will not accept cash as payment for your shopping. This is because our Customer Delivery Assistants cannot carry cash with them due to safety reasons.
What is the process for online payment?
To pay online you will need to select that option during the online checkout process. You will be asked to enter your payment card details in the online form. We will do a simple card check to validate the details and then we will confirm your shopping list. You will not be charged for your goods at this time. Your card will only be charged after your goods are delivered.
What type of payment cards can I use to pay?
You can use a debit or credit card to pay for your shopping. We accept the following payment providers:
- Visa debit card
- Visa electron
- Visa credit card
- Master Card
Is it safe to pay on-line?
Yes, it is very safe to shop online with us. All of your details are stored securely, including all payment card details. They are held in compliance with the law and are kept confidential.
What is a Security Code?
We ask for the security number from your payment card to prevent the fraudulent use of your account. This is printed on your card but isn't in the magnetic strip or embossed so only the person who has the card knows the number.
On most cards the security code is the last three digits of the number printed on the signature strip. If you are having trouble reading your security code, please contact your bank.
What happens if my payment fails?
If you enter payment card details online, we will not charge your card at that point. However we will make a check to verify the card. If this fails you will be notified of this on the website. You can try again, or with a different card, or change the payment method to paying by card at your door. If you have any difficulties please call our customer services team or the Helpline team who will be happy to help you.
Just before your delivery we'll check your card to make sure the full shopping list value is there. If it isn’t we’ll contact you to ask you whether you’d like to switch to pay at your door, or whether you’d like to cancel your shopping.
Your payment card will only be debited by the full amount after your goods are delivered.
For card payment at your door: You can give the Customer Delivery Assistant an alternative payment card. Unfortunately we will not be able to accept cash.
If none of your payment cards work, or if in the rare scenario that there are any connection difficulties with the payment system at your door, we will have to take the goods back to the store. You will not be charged if this happens.
How can I get an invoice for my shopping?
If you would like to request an invoice for your shopping, please take your Delivery Receipt into your local store and speak to the customer services team who will process your request.
What is an E-coupon?
An E-Coupon is an electronic coupon code, which you can use to save money on your grocery Shopping List. E-coupon codes are made up of letters and numbers, i.e. ABC123.
How do I use an E-coupon?
- Log in to your Tesco account or register if you are new to Tesco
- Add the products you want to buy to your Shopping trolley and check out your Shopping List
- On the payment page, there is an E-Coupons section. Enter your E-Coupon code into the textbox and click on ‘Use Code’ button to add your E-Coupon to your Shopping List
- The E-Coupon discount is automatically deducted from the total of your shopping before you pay.
Why is my E-coupon not working?
- Have you entered the E-Coupon code correctly? Re-enter the code to check if you have made a typing error
- Are the dates of the E-Coupon valid? E-Coupons have an expiry date, so please check whether your E-Coupons are valid for your Shopping List. Your E-Coupon must be valid on day of delivery to be applicable.
- Was the E-Coupon sent directly to you? Sometimes our E-Coupons are restricted and can only be used by the person they are sent to
- Have you used the E-Coupon the maximum number of times? Some of our E-Coupons can only be used once; others have no restrictions on use.
- Is there a minimum spend? Some of our E-Coupon codes can only be used when you spend a minimum amount.
- Have you entered more than one E-Coupon? Some E-Coupons cannot be used in the same Shopping List as other E-Coupons.
- Are you trying to add your E-Coupon to a different Tesco website? Our E-Coupons can only be used on the grocery website of the country, where they are issued.
Will I get Clubcard points for my shopping?
Yes, at shopping by means of the Grocery Home Shopping you acquire two-fold number of Clubcard points as at shopping in store.
Can I use coupons or Clubcard vouchers for my online shopping?
Unfortunately it’s not possible at present to use Ecoupons and Clubcard vouchers on our website, but we’re working on our systems so we can accept them in the future.
Cancelling or amending products on a shopping list
How can I cancel my shopping?
You can cancel your shopping yourself up to 11 pm on the evening before your shopping is due. Just go to the “My Shopping Lists” tab and click the “Cancel shopping list” button against the shopping list that you want to cancel. If in an emergency you want to cancel your shopping after this time, please contact Customer Services on the number above and we’ll try our best to help.
If I cancel a shopping list will my payment card be charged?
No, if you cancel a shopping list using the My Shopping Lists section of the website, you won’t be charged for the shopping.
How can I add or remove products from a shopping list before it is delivered?
You can amend the products on your shopping list at any time up to 11 pm on the day before your shopping is due to be delivered. Just go to the “My Shopping Lists” tab and click the “Amend shopping list” button against the shopping list that you want to update.
You will be able to add or remove products in the normal way by browsing, searching, using your favourites or using the promotional lists.
While you’re amending, you can cancel your amendments at any time by using the button in the top right hand corner of your screen.
Once you’ve finished updating your shopping list, confirm your amendments using the button on the shopping list. Even if you’ve entered payment details online, no payment will be made until after you receive your delivery. And don’t worry, you definitely won’t be charged twice.
Receiving my Shopping Delivery
- I’ve forgotten when my shopping is due to be delivered, how do I check my delivery time?
- How old do I need to be to receive a delivery?
- If I live in a flat, will the Customer Delivery Assistant deliver to my flat door?
- What happens if I miss my delivery? What should I do?
- What if a product I had on my shopping list wasn´t available?
- What if the delivery is going to be late?
- What should I do if there is a product missing from my shopping?
- Can I return a product that I’ve bought?
- Why it is important to sign the cautionary note on the consumer’s right to withdraw from the contract when you take over the goods?
I’ve forgotten when my shopping is due to be delivered, how do I check my delivery time?
You can check what delivery slot you selected for your shopping by going to you ‘My Shopping Lists’ page on the website. Just sign in and go to the ‘My Shopping Lists’ tab. The confirmation email you received when you checked out will also tell you what time you booked for your shopping to be delivered.
How old do I need to be to receive a delivery?
You need to be 18 years old to accept a delivery. If you´re paying by card at your door, the cardholder must be present.
If I live in a flat, will the Customer Delivery Assistant deliver to my flat door?
Our Customer Delivery Assistant will deliver to your flat/house door.
What happens if I miss my delivery? What should I do?
If you’ve missed your delivery, check your mailbox for a calling card from the Customer Delivery Assistant. You can also call Customer Services. They can try to reroute the Customer Delivery Assistant to you again if he has not yet come back to the store. If the van is back in the store your shopping is cancelled, so you have to do the shopping once again.
What if a product I had on my shopping list wasn´t available?
If a product you put on your shopping list isn´t available in store, you’ll be provided with an equivalent product, which you can choose to accept or reject when your shopping is delivered. Your delivery note will list any substitutions at the top of the page. If you don’t want the substitute, just hand it back to the Customer Delivery Assistant and you won´t be charged for the product.
Alternatively if your personal shopping assistant couldn´t find a suitable alternative to the product you had on your shopping list, it will not be added to your shopping and you won´t be charged for that product.
What if the delivery is going to be late?
We’ll try our best to contact you if our Customer Delivery Assistant is running late. However, if you haven’t heard from us, please contact our Helpline team.
What should I do if there is a product missing from my shopping?
If there are products missing from your shopping please contact Helpline on the number above.
Can I return a product that I’ve bought?
If you are unhappy with any product, just hand it back to the Customer Delivery Assistant and you won´t be charged for the product.
Alternatively if you realise after the Customer Delivery Assistant has left, take the product and your delivery documents to a Tesco hypermarket. The address of the hypermarket is printed on a till receipt. At the Customer Services desk you can request a refund.
Wherever possible, please always try to check your shopping before the Customer Delivery Assistant leaves. That way we can make sure your payment card doesn´t get charged for products that you want to reject.
Why it is important to sign the cautionary note on the consumer’s right to withdraw from the contract when you take over the goods?
This obligation results from the Law of Consumer Protection when Selling over Distance, No 102/2014. Your signature confirms that you have been fully informed about these terms and conditions and the contents of the documents and you agree with them. You can see the documents to be signed when taking over the goods here:
- Cautionary note on claiming the consumer’s right to withdraw from the contract
- Contract withdrawal form
- General terms and conditions
Since the law requires for the documents to be archived in physical form, they cannot be provided for signature solely in electronic form.
Benefits for you
Since the sales contract is sealed when you take over the goods and pay for it outside the residence of the seller (mostly at your home), you have the right to withdraw from the contract without claiming the reason within 14 days from the day of taking over the goods.
Procedure of returning the goods
In case you decide to claim the right to withdraw from the contract, inform us about it in the form of unambiguous statement by email to email@example.com or by post to Tesco TESCO STORES SR, a.s., Centrálna kancelária (Head Office) – Potraviny domov (Home Delivery), Cesta na Senec 2, 821 04 Bratislava. To do this, you can also use a template for withdrawing from the contract that we personally gave you upon delivery of your purchase (Attachment 2), or you can download it at our website here.
If you wish to return the goods, don’t mail it C.O.D. Once we receive the contract withdrawal form, we will e-mail you with a confirmation of your withdrawal from the contract and then ask you to specify the way and place of taking over the goods you want to give us back. If you prefer to send the goods by post, wrap it the way it won’t damage itself.
Once you withdraw from the contract, you are obliged to return the goods within 14 days in the exact shape as it was purchased (unwrapped, undamaged), otherwise we are entitled to claim compensation for the caused damaged or unjust enrichment. Also, the goods need to be accompanied with complete documentation, equipment and receipt confirming the purchase.
After receiving the contract withdrawal we will refund you within 14 days for the returned goods to the account you used to pay for the goods. Since the contract withdrawal doesn’t cover the withdrawal from the costs for the shipping that was provided to you, the costs are born by consumer. If the price was deducted to zero due to a special offer, but by returning the goods the consumer no longer meets the conditions, the returned sum will be deducted by the original shipping costs.
These types of goods can’t be returned
- All groceries with best before date.
- All groceries with defined conditions for storage
- Goods wrapped in protective cover that can’t be retuned due to health or hygienic reasons.
- Audio and video recordings, PC software sold in protective cover, once this cover is torn.
- Periodicals and books not delivered in protective cover.
Click & Collect
- What is Click & Collect?
- Why should I use Click & Collect?
- How can I use Click & Collect?
- Why cannot I see Collection as a shopping method option on the website?
- Where can I collect my shopping?
- What proof of ID do I need to bring?
- Can somebody else collect my shopping for me?
- When can I collect my shopping?
- What happens if I am late for my collection slot?
- What happens if I am early for my collection slot?
- How much does it cost?
- Where will my groceries be stored during my collection slot?
- Will my shopping be in bags?
- Do I have to arrive in a car for a drive through collection?
- What happens if something I have ordered is not available?
- What do I do if I'm not happy with the substitute I am given or would like an item refunded?
- Can I amend or cancel my Click & Collect order on the website?
- Where can I collect my shopping?
What is Click & Collect?
Click & Collect offers all the benefits of shopping online via Tesco Potraviny domov with the additional option of picking your groceries up from a Tesco store at a time that suits you.
Why should I use Click & Collect?
This service is even more convenient
- Let us do the hard work for you
- Your grocery shopping is picked, packed and safely stored for collection at a time that suits you
- Pick up your shopping while you are out and about, on the way home from work, after the school run or even as you return from holiday
- Just come to the collection point and we will do the rest
- The collection point is temperature controlled
- All products are picked on the day of collection and safely stored in the fridge, freezer or cupboard until you arrive
- You can find all regular in-store offers in one place
- It's easy to spot the bargains
How can I use Click & Collect?
1. If your registered store offers Click & Collect, you will see the Click & Collect option when you book a delivery slot.
2. Choose your 2 hour time slot, when you will come and collect your shopping from store. You can find the available time slots on the website.
3. Create your shopping list.
4. Pick up your shopping at the time you have chosen and go!
Why cannot I see Collection as a shopping method option on the website?
We are currently offering the Click & Collect service from some of our stores only. If you can’t see the option, we do not offer the service from your store yet. For more information contact the customer helpline.
Where can I collect my shopping?
The exact location of the collection point varies by store; you will see clear signage as you enter the store car park. You can see the address of your chosen store on your email confirmation.
What proof of ID do I need to bring?
Please bring your shopping list number and your ID. If you are paying on collection you will need to bring your credit card and shopping list number. Unfortunately we will be unable to give you the shopping without these documents.
Can somebody else collect my shopping for me?
Yes, if you have a copy of the confirmation email with your shopping list number. Unfortunately without this we will not be able to give you the shopping.
When can I collect my shopping?
Slots are available 7 days a week. Available slots will be displayed on the ‘book a slot’ webpage.
What happens if I am late for my collection slot?
Please call our customer helpline, telephone number 0800 222 333 for advice on how to proceed.
What happens if I am early for my collection slot?
Please call our customer helpline, telephone number 0800 222 333 for advice on how to proceed.
How much does it cost?
The Click&Collect service costs 0,99€.
Where will my groceries be stored during my collection slot?
All products are picked on the day of collection and safely stored in the temperature controlled collection point in the fridge, freezer or cupboard until you arrive.
Will my shopping be in bags?
Your shopping will be in bags.
Do I have to arrive in a car for a drive through collection?
We recommend you drive to the collection point so that we can put your groceries straight into your car. However you can arrive using any method of transport, including by foot. Please be aware that the vehicle height limit is 2.8m.
What happens if something I have ordered is not available?
On the rare occasion that a product you put into the shopping list is not available we will try to offer you an alternative. You can hand back any unwanted items to the member of staff at the collection point and your shopping list value will be amended.
What do I do if I'm not happy with the substitute I am given or would like an item refunded?
Your substitutions will be presented at the top of the receipt and will be in blue bags. If you choose to return the substitution our employee will amend your shopping list value and you will not be charged for that item.
Can I amend or cancel my Click & Collect order on the website?
You can amend your order by going to "My Shopping Lists". Up to 11pm on the day before the collection you will be able to add/remove products to/from the shopping list. You will not be able to change your shopping method or your slot. Don't forget to checkout the shopping list again to ensure that all changes are saved. Orders may be cancelled via "My Shopping Lists”. A shopping list can be cancelled up to 11pm on the night before collection.
The service is available in certain stores only.
Where can I collect my shopping?
The exact location of the collection point varies by store , You can find it here. You will see clear signage as you enter the store car park. You can see the address of your chosen store on your email confirmation.
What are My Favourites?
Your ‘Favourites’ list remembers all of the products from your previous online shops. You can delete products you do not want displayed, so you only see your favourite products. Once you’ve signed in, go to ‘Favourites’ to add the same items to your trolley so you don’t have to find them again a second time.
Is it possible to remove items from my Favourite list?
Yes, you can delete individual or multiple products, which you do not want to be displayed in your list of your favourite products.
What's the origin of our fruits and vegetables?
Have you ever been wondering about the origin of the fruits and vegetables available at our shops? Find out the country of their origin here.